It is hard to believe but the holiday season is here! This month, Nick talks about some of his favorite ways to celebrate the holidays around Boston. He also discusses why the holidays can actually be a great time to get your home on the market!
As the holiday season gets into swing in Boston, what are your favorite ways to celebrate around town?
Boston is a great city to get into the holiday spirit in! There are multiple tree lightings throughout the city that I’ve gone to in the past with the one on the Boston Common being my favorite. Taking a stroll along Newbury Street to do some holiday shopping is also a great way to spend an afternoon. By far, my favorite holiday tradition that my wife and I do every year is going to the Nutcracker at the Opera House in Downtown Crossing. The show is fantastic and the Opera House is absolutely beautiful. It is a great way to get into the holiday season!
Many people think that the holidays are a bad time to list their homes for sale but this may not be true. What are some reasons it is actually a good time to list?
While the spring and fall markets are traditionally the busiest seasons for real estate, listing during the holidays can actually be beneficial as well.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays!
- There are fewer listings - meaning yours can stand out!
- The buyers who are out looking at homes during this time of year tend to be more serious and have a sense of urgency.
- By selling now, you give yourself the opportunity to purchase in the spring when there are more options.
- Many people work less during the holidays, meaning they have more time to look for homes.
For those choosing to list right now, what specific tips do you have?
While a property decorated for the holidays can make someone really feel at home when they view it, you have to also be careful to not overwhelm and distract potential buyers. My recommendation is to keep the decorations simple and classic. While National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is one of my favorite holiday movie traditions, you don’t want your house looking like this…